[Dailydrool] Getting up Early

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:00:43 PST 2010

We have a basset who also lives for her next meal. Ninja is the one who thinks she will die if the DH doesn't produce her breakfast bowl at 5 AM.  She is adamant that it not be late and if anyone moves before then she decides earlier would be ok too.  We try telling her to lay down and rub her back but when she is standing on  your chest, ignoring her is hard to do.  He gets up then anyway so it isn't much of a problem.

What if you kept a jar of biscuits by the bed and gave Duke one when he comes in really early?  We have done that with Ninja but it has to be in some kind of a smell-proof container or she will hunt it down and get the treat when she wants it.  I think that dogs do get hungry and really are feeling it in the morning.  One thought we've had is that maybe we should feed them later in the evening.  We do give them a snack at bedtime to keep them from being so hungry in the night.  Ninja is the only one of ours that is so feeding time oriented.  The others just wait for it to happen and are happy when it does.

We are sending drool to all in need.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the wild kitty boys