[Dailydrool] Flooring advice

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Thu Jan 28 08:18:09 PST 2010

Two-and-a-half years ago, shortly after I got Rolph, I ripped up the carpet and put down a good quality laminate floor.
There has not been a day since when I haven't been pleased with that decision, given the drool, vomit, hair, pee etc that it has shrugged off.

However, in the recent severe weather a pipe burst in the kitchen and my ground floor was flooded. That was the end of my lovely laminate.

I have been trying to find something of similar quality with which to replace it, but all the "upper end" floors have bevelled edges to make them look more like real wood planks. My fear is these v-shaped groves will soon become full of drool, hair etc and look horrible as well as being hard to clean. As the insurance company is paying, I am stuck with certain suppliers and so far have just been stomping out of shop after shop.

Have any of you got a laminate floor with bevelled edges? And how do you find it?

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK (who rather than tell me the house was flooding in the middle of the night, moved upstairs to carry on sleeping!)