[Dailydrool] Dora and the Honey

Sandy Wheeler sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:31:48 PST 2010

This past Wednesday was quite a day; DH was returning from a 10 day trip to
move DD half-way across the country and I was going to pick him up at the
airport that evening.  Mid morning I was reading the Drool and got up to
finish sweeping houndie hair and had a terrible pain in my back and couldn't
stand up straight.  I tried to hobble to the living room but felt faint and
had to use the office chair as a walker.  The hounds were good and got out
of my way and looked concerned that I wouldn't be able to make their dinner.
 No sooner did I make it to the living room and the mailman arrived with a
package DD had sent.  I opened it and set it by my chair, nothing in it that
needed to be protected (I thought).  I took a pain pill and went to bed with
the hope I could stand up when the pill kicked in.   I was awaken by Dora
pacing to the bed and down the hall repeatedly which she usually doesn't do
so I got up to scoot to the door.  As soon as I go up I saw  the dog bed in
our room had a bear shaped bottle of honey with the lid chewed off of it.
 It was empty except for about a half cup that was smeared on the bed.  It
had been sealed in a plastic bag in the bottom of the box that was stuffed
firmly with paper.  I still couldn't stand up straight and couldn't get in
our bathroom with the chair so I flung the dog bed in and closed the door.
 The living room was strewn with packing paper and the culprit had thrown-up
honey juck in the utility room and Val was tyring to eat it.  Although the
pain was mild when lying down or sitting it really hurt to stand up and I
couldn't stand up straight or lift my left leg.  I was able to sit in the
office chair and force myself to bend over enough to get the biggest part of
the "return honey" up before Val did.  Dora (who likes to go thru boxes,
sacks and luggage) is none the worse for ware.  I was really sort of glad
she threw up most of the honey.  There are some sticky  spots around the
house (guess how I can tell they are there!) but they will just have to
wait!  Today is the first day I can straighten up and don't need to use the
chair so I'm on the mend..
Everyone's happy Dadslave is home (brother-in-law picked him up for us).
We're sending lots of drool to those in need, especially Dora.

--
Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)