[Dailydrool] Big thanks

LowriderMutts@gmail.com lowridermutts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 23:29:20 PST 2010

Tonight I am coming out of lurkdom to send big thanks to the Drool
community.  My senior boy Darwin is snoozing happily at my feet
tonight because Droolers have taken the time to share their
experiences and educate others.  As a result I recognized the early
symptoms of bloat in him this morning, shoved a gas-x pill down his
throat, and called ahead to the emergency clinic (30 min away over a
windy mountain road).  By the time we arrived the gas-X had done its
job and Darwin was looking and feeling much better, so much so that
the first vet clearly thought I didn't have a clue.  (Uh, hello, I
know he looks fine now but I just went through a list of symptoms
Darwin was exhibiting...were you listening??)  Another vet (one that
we know) popped in to see how Darwin was doing, heard the same list
of symptoms, was very surprised that I knew to give him gas-X, and
said that most likely saved his life.  I didn't know anything about
bloat before I joined the Drool, so to each and every Drooler who has
taken the time to share, thank you!  You just never know who, how, or
when your experiences will help.

I now return to lurkdom...

Tamara and the Lowrider Mutts
California Droolin'