[Dailydrool] Honored and Humbled

Heidi I Sarver hsarver at me.com
Sun Jan 31 09:17:30 PST 2010

Um, hello everyone.  I, Della, is so vewwy overwhelmed by my wecent
wecognition by the pwestigious BABES society.  I twuly does not knows
where to begin.  "The Royal Mistress of Sweetness and Light"--dat's
what da official postcawd says.  Wowzers!  I do mys vewwy best to bees
a goods girl.  It works vewwy hard not to counter-cruises...it is hard
not to.  I admit I like to look arounds up dere but I get right down
without taking things.  Lately I have been snuggling up against my
momslave's knee--she had da surgery-thing a couple weeks ago.  She is
doing verwwy goods but I like to help by keeping her knee warm.

Accowding to da postcawd I gots I am to help with "new BABES with less
than sweet smiles."  I is looking fohwards to dis job!  So many
buppies could bees BABES but get tempded bys da dark side.  Dat is
verwy sad.  Mys brudder Buford was an official OEBE member before he
went to da bridge.  He TWULY was OEBE--I couldn't help him eben dough
I twied verwy hard.

I did, however do a non-BABES ting da udder night.  I admit it was a
weak moment but I tink da BABES society will agree it was justified!
Momslave was talking and talking and talking about bringing home
another 4-legger to live wid us.  I is still sad dat Buford is not
here and am just getting used to being da big girl of da house.  But I
figured if it would make mommy happy den ok....until I saws da
picture!!  It wasn't a basset hound!!  Momslave was talking about a
BLOODHOUND!  HOWWORS!!!  Dey is BIG, BIG, BIG four-leggers!!  I didn't
know what to do!!!  I got verwy scared and newvous....and den I did a
verwy un-BABES-like ding:  I threwed up dinner eberywhere!  Momslave
cleaned dit all up and hugged mees hard and said, "ok Bear (she calls
be Bear cause I'm cuddle-ly) no bloodhound."  I was ashamed of myself
but I couldn't help it.

I pwomise to uphold my title to da bestest of mys ability!

Mom here:  Della is a wonderful girl!  And yes, I was indeed thinking
of rescuing a 3 year old bloodhound.  There's nothing wrong with him
except needing eyelid surgery to correct Entropian problems--his
previous owner didn't want to pay for the surgery and left him at the
vet to be euthanized!!!  They convinced the owners to relinquish him
to their care and he was taken in by a vet tech.  He's in her home as
a foster right now and I'm sure she'll find him a good home.  What
brought me back from the brink of opening my home to a 110 lb 4-legger
as Della throwing up.  I looked at the amount of vomit she produced
and literally said outloud, "My God!  If a 47 lb basset can throw up
THAT much food, a 110 lb bloodhound would puke the equivalent of
Della!"  I just couldn't imagine having to clean that up...so I opted
out of adopting the bloodhound.  I know he's in good hands so I'm not
too worried.

Thank you Queen Bess and Lovely Lucy!  Della is truly a BABES and I
know she will work hard to fulfill her duties.

--heidi (what was thinking!?)
--della, BABES (I'm a BABES!!)
--guinness the cat (who cares)
--buford OEBE atb (I tried gang, I tried but she's too sweet to be
turned)
--walter atb (I have no idea what anyone is talking about)