[Dailydrool] Kidneys

Bambi McLeskey bassetslave at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:54:41 PDT 2010

To make this basset related, my boy Bo is a 10 yr old lab, who
patiently lives with Drake and Ahrooba without ripping them apart and
they think he hung the moon. Recently bo has not been eating well and
has seem depressed. He started drooling badly recently and we took him
to the vet today. he is there having tests run now, but the
preliminary diagnosis is kidney failure. He is on thyroid medication
and his back end has become shaky along with seeming depressed and has
terrible breath. I am heartbroken and terrified. if anyone has dealt
with Kidney problems in older dogs or has any alternatives to this
diagnosis, I would love to hear from you off list or on either. Im a
total wreck right now, and am having trouble looking at the positive
side. I feel like I have failed my heartdog. Thank you in advance for
any advice or drop of drool that can be spared, although he seems to
be producing plenty of gross sticky drool on his own. Thank you
Bambi mom to Drake, Ahrooba Stryker the wanna be and Bo the heartdog lab

--
Bambi A (Lange) McLeskey
Senior Library Assistant