[Dailydrool] Drool and Sorry

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 20:36:31 PDT 2010

The girls are sending loads of drool to all the houndies and houndettes who are in need.  We are sending drool to Lola and hope her surgery goes well, to Johnny and hope he continues to improve, to Trooper, a great basset wanna be, and to Rolph we hope you perk up and nothing is wrong.  We are sending heart healing drool to the families of Piper and Nugget.  Your hounds are your angels now.  We hope that soon, the good memories will bring more smiles than the sad ones bring tears.

And Conley, you've got to leave the Momperson's stuff alone.  Cellphones don't taste good.  They don't need teethmark accessoring either.  If you are going to take stuff, at least take stuff that tastes good.  Be like our Maggie.  She isn't the shapest knife in the drawer but she takes stuff that tastes good.  I love Maggie with all my heart but I don't think she would ever be at the head of the class.  I had a little bucket on the counter with stuff to make s'mores in it.  There were chocolate bars, a bag of marshmallows and graham crackers.  She got the bucket off the counter and what did she steal?!!  The marshmallows.  When we got home she was standing at the back door with the bag of them sticking out of her mouth.  Of course, maybe none of them are too sharp.  No one else had gone after the other stuff.  It was sitting on the floor still in the bucket.  Maggie gave up her treasure without a murmur.  She wouldn't eat a marshmallow if I put it in her mouth.

Shelby is getting by.  She shuffles around a lot but gets where she needs to be.  If we put her bowl under her nose and then move it slowly, she can get to her eating spot.  If we give her a treat, we touch her nose with it so she knows where it is.  To get her outside we have to put her head out the door.  She can get to the door but usually turns the wrong way so she needs a little help.  Now she gets carried up the stairs to bed and back down again.  She can't judge the step heights or something.  So she gets a ride.  The boys are very good with her.  Even the one who hates all hair carries her to the door sometimes.  We think she is the best.  She puts up with us and has to do it in the dark now.  Ninja still snipes at her if she gets too close to me.  We are trying to stop that but the DIVA is alive and well.

Drool to all who need it.  From the cheeseball drooling bunch.  The kitties are absent from these proceedings, having gone to warm up the mom's side of the bed ( or hair it up).  The houndettes are all sacked out in the family room.  There sure is a lot of hot air in here.
And the mom