[Dailydrool] Birthday boys

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun Jul 4 06:33:48 PDT 2010

First off I want to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!  Second off I would like to wish Colt and Ruger a Happy Birthday! 9 July is their actual date of birth but we always celebrate it on the 4th along with Hope, LD, & Wiley who are Aunt Val's rescue dogs.  The slaves will be enjoying a nice bar-b-que and the dogs will get their very own doggie cake & ice cream along with lots of pets and belly rubs.  It is hard to believe that they will be 3 years old. Colt says that he is 21 in dog years and therefore is old enough to drink my wine. I don't think soooo!  The boys have been such a blessing to me and such great company since Storm, and Wolfgang made their journey to the bridge, and the DH was giving a 2 year assignment to England.  I would be a total basket case without them.  They never fail to give me snuggles or laughs when needed. Colt is my goofy hound and is always being a goof ball, and is sooo laid back.  Ruger is my more sophisticated hound but is totally obsessed with the squirrels, and when in the house he loves to sit on his perch at the end of the couch, looking out the big window always on lookout for the terrorist squirrels invading his kingdom.  Colt is usually snuggled up next to me looking for belly rubs  or pets. Both hounds love to have their throats scratched and love their late afternoon yogurt treat.  The boys are virtually attached to each other they are very seldom out of each other's sight and have never had a fight. They are my little furry earthbound angels.but sometimes their horns poke out and make their halo's go crooked. Hehehe.  Happy Birthday to my sweet, loveable, goofy, squirrel obsessed hounds.Momma & the Daddy love you both very much!!!

Michele Momma to the Birthday Bad A** Basset Brothers

Colt:  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134867
Ruger: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134878