[Dailydrool] BBRTX Needs help...

shastajet at aol.com shastajet at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 12:42:17 PDT 2010

If anyone is in the Houston area and can help BBRTX by volunteering for an event, donating items to sell or if you can send a little money, even if it's $5 or $10, it would be greatly appreciated.  Here is what was posted on our yahoo group...

Basset Buddies:

We need your financial help.  Lately, we have been helping a slew of dogs coming
out of the shelter get through distemper symptoms, but we have only been able to
save two.  These attempts to help these dogs in need have worked our bank
account down to it's lowest balance in years.  To give you an example of the
fight we have been fighting, our recent auction raised over $2,700 but the fight
to save the two puppies that survived cost us $3,000.

We are surviving a recent change to our web address the best we can.    We were
forced to a new web address because the person previously in control of that
site left the group with hard feelings.   With the change of address,
applications have dropped off so adoption fees are not coming in like they were.

Our Board is often faced with hard decisions, but as a rescue we do not want our
bank account to have a vote in our decisions on whether to treat a dog in
need.  We want to continue to fight for sick dogs who come out of the shelter.
We want to continue to save Bassets, but we need your help.  We always need
fosters, but right now the dogs need your financial help.

Our current crisis is helping Lottie.  She is a shelter dog that has been
fighting fever, and she will not eat even though she is skin and bones.  We have
had some success with her fever so we are hopeful the diagnosis will be
pneumonia.  We are, of course, trying to fight for her and should we accumulate
a bill that we cannot pay at once, we will ask the vet to allow us a payment
plan.

But if we are in a position to ask a vet for a payment plan, that means we
cannot take on another sick basset that needs to be rescued.  Please donate
today.

You can do so through Paypal on our website at http://www.bbrtx.org/info/donate or
by mail to P.O. Box 130244, Houston, TX 77219.

You can also help us by volunteering your time at the dog show.  We
anticipate raising a good amount at this month's dog show, but that amount will
only last us one or two dog intakes.  This is a constant fight and we need your
help.

We thank you!

Basset Buddies

***end of posting***

We have a great group of people working tirelessly to save as many hounds as we can.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cindy, Jethro, Rugs, Oz and Harriet.