[Dailydrool] The come command

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 11:20:32 PDT 2010

Yesterday I was reminded oh how stubborn and smart a basset can be.  I was in the yard and bent down looking directly at Speedy and said COME In my most enthusatic voice. SPeedy just at me wagged his tail and sat down tail still wagging. Rambo was off eating grass and he came over. I tried again looked SPeedy straight in the eye and said COME  still in a happy tone. rambo heads on over again and Speedy continues to sit tail wagging at which point i gave up and laughed he had a determined face. NO YOU COME OVER is what his eyes were telling me so i did.

later  we started to bbq and Speedy looked at me and i said come. i saw his wheels turning. well since food i involved i guess i will come is what he said in is brain and came right over and sat.

you have to love the mind of a basset