[Dailydrool] Baby gates

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Jul 6 06:15:34 PDT 2010

<<Now Bubba has figured out that he can climb over the baby gate that is
supposed to keep him in the Kitchen when I'm gone. He will either get over
it or it will fall down.>>

Nothing will keep a determined basset in a kitchen when it wants to get out,
in my experience.

When Jane was a pupster, we gated her in the kitchen with one of those
pressure gates. Useless, totally useless. She quickly learned to jump
against the gate repeatedly, until it fell over. So I added hook and eye
bolts. She did the same thing, until they came out of the walls.

I would be interested to know if anyone else managed to foil a really
determined basset. But in my experience, once a hound decides to be free,
there is no other option.

Maybe this is the reason why I always take in older hounds now.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets