[Dailydrool] thundershirt update

Tracy Pellish k9trixx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:47:16 PDT 2010

Hello all. I thought I would give a little update on Frankie and her Thundershirt Anxiety Wrap thing (I call it her superhero clothes....Thundershirt just sounds very superhero’ish to me). She is from the big group that was rescued from the kennel this past December and has some good days and some bad days, but always has a little bit of timid left in her. Today is day 4 and I think it is slowly helping her. The first day (Saturday the 3rd) she seemed to think it was a little strange that I was putting clothes on her. But I did notice by the evening she was stretched out next to me on the bed, seeming a little more relaxed (she’s usually in a tight little ball). Sunday we put it on early again and she didn’t seem to mind quite so much. She handled the fireworks (from my neighbors) pretty well, but she was also inside the whole time. Now Monday was the day I saw improvement. She seemed a little extra on-edge in the morning, a little extra timid, so I put her clothes on early and went about doing laundry, yard work, etc. Lately she has been spending ALL DAY on my bed.....her little safe place, but after breakfast and potty, she has been avoiding socializing with me and Otis. Yesterday she came out of the bedroom and checked on me in the front yard through the gate and also spent some time on the couch with Otis. And I didn’t hear her bark when I was in the front yard either, usually she worries that I left again and she barks out of separation anxiety when I open the garage door. So, I will continue to put it on her, and hope that each day shows a little improvement. :o)