[Dailydrool] A little counter cruising

Michael Brooks michael.brooks88 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 08:30:30 PDT 2010

In the 6 months that Bella's been with us, we've discovered that she can be
quite the counter cruiser. Her most memorable incident, up until now, is the
time she managed to get the top bun off our son's hamburger and leaving the rest
untouched. Last night my wife sent me to get a pound of pulled pork and  BBQ
sauce to go with supper. After supper, we went about our business, fairly secure
in the knowledge that all the food was safe on the counter. A little later, I
noticed Hattie, our elder basset, was paying a lot of attention to the kitchen
floor and going to town licking a section of it.  I went into the kitchen to see
just what Hattie was up to and discovered the sauce container on the floor with
most of the sauce gone. hattie is to old and stiff to counter cruise so checking
with Bella, we found she had managed to pull the container off the counter and
what she didn't want, Hattie finished (it was a dead give away because Bella
had dried sauce all over her). We were surprised to find that the girls didn't
find the sauce a bit too spicey and now, I suppose, they will expect their fair
share when we have BBQ.

Michael and Diane Brooks
Hattie (Oh! That was YUMMY!)
Bella (It was good but where's the pork?)
Freyja - The little Arkansas wild kitty
Peabody - ATB
Daphne - ATB
Hooter - ATB