[Dailydrool] Basset backs and MRI

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Wed Jul 7 13:27:17 PDT 2010

Our vet recommended an MRI for Conrad before his back went
out.  They would have found a bulging disc and done surgery.
 He most likely would have been fine after that.  We didn't
do the MRI because of the cost, but in the long run that
would have been cheap.  Of course we waited until Conrad's
disc ruptured and he was paralized.  Two surgeries later and
5 months of hydro therapy and he still cannot walk.  I would
not hesitate to do an MRI if I had the chance all over
again.