[Dailydrool] Pacific Basset Feet Business

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 17:48:09 PDT 2010

This is Bo of Hawaii, Commander-in-chief of the Pacific Basset Feet

I am posting with a few orders of business.

On the matter of medals: It is the wish of this command to be respectful of both
our human military with its many sacrifices on our behalf; and also of our
individual hounds and their slaves and their heartfelt requests. As such, I am
creating a new category of recognition awards--the Golden Bone. Hounds (and
other four-leggers) who have shown exceptional bravery and service to dogkind
and/or humankind beyond the exceptional service which we all provide as
am-basset-dors of love, are eligible for this award. Today Golden Bones are
awarded posthumously to Mr. Cooper the Basseter for his eradication of multiple
rodents and to Wolfgang for saving his slave's life on more than one occasion.

Secondly, our roster continues to grow by leaps and bounds (again, something I
would never consider doing--leaping or bounding). Muldoon's slave, Michael
Moore, USN, has volunteered to create a "centralized master spreadsheet" of
Basset Feet members, along with ranks and initials. We gratefully accept his
help. Muldoon, as you will recall, is Advisor to the Feet on Initials and Ranks.
Michael has let me know that he welcomes input as well. Our feet is a 'by the
houndies for the houndies' enterprise and all feedback is cherished. Muldoon and
Michael will be sending us an updated spreadsheet through Volume 118, Issue 13
soon. We will publish this when received.

In the meantime, please welcome to our ranks:
Sister Silkie--a Seabee (of course)
Sister Suzie--Head of Chaplains
Herschel--Chief Petty Officer in Charge of Feline Containment and Flatulence
(Please coordinate with NCIS/No cats in-side and Pw. Elder Clara, Head of the
(Gas) Bomb Squad

Ella Louise Ezell: Head of the Secret Service
Copper: Chief Retirement Officer
Elphaba: Anti-Underground Insurgency Captain of the ASTT
Henry: Top Security Agent in the Dept. of Small Game; Subdivision of the ASTT
Wolfgang ATB: ParaRescueDog Guardian Angel Division of St. Brendan's Bridge
Basset Brigade

and the kitty who rescued Trooper (?name--if I go back to look as I type, I'll
surely erase this entire e-mail): PJ ParaRescue Jumper

Bo, CICPBF, who is grateful for all the help he is getting as he is feeling a
little out of his element in competence, he fears--no wait, CIC's don't publicly
get out of their element, exhibit any doubts about their competence, or show
fear, so, in the words of Emily Latella of Saturday Night Live, "Neeeever
miiiiind". Thank you everyone for your assistance. Bo. period.