[Dailydrool] Roscoe ATB and Lizzie ATB, today's calendar hounds

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 8 23:32:53 PDT 2010

Today's calendar picture is of Roscoe and Lizzie, both ATB.  They were a
bonded pair of sweet, beautiful hounds, if I remember correctly they were
about 3 years old, that were found out on their own in extremely bad shape,
and were taken in to rescue by North Texas Basset Hound Rescue (NTBHR).
Stacy Hague was their foster Mama who nursed them back to health, and I was
going to be their forever Mama.  Unfortunately on top of their other
problems they both had heartworms, and Roscoe died of the heartworm
treatment.  A month or two after Roscoe died, Lizzie unexpectedly died, too.
No one knows why Lizzie died, an autopsy was done and no cause was found, so
we all feel she missed Roscoe and decided to go be with him at the bridge.
If you look at their picture, our Roscoe is sitting and our Lizzie is lying
down.  I got to meet them and spend time with them, and I was really looking
forward to being their Mama, but is wasn't meant to be.  Stacy will tell you
more about them, she was their true Mama, and they loved her a lot.  Good
night Roscoe and Lizzie, I miss you.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net