[Dailydrool] A new star tonight, Bert is ATB

Wendie Prince houndsabound at att.net
Fri Jul 9 16:10:15 PDT 2010

Bert has been with us about 2 1/2 years.  He came from BHRG,  had been
returned by his owner because the owner was going into a nursing home.  I
took him home in 2007, from one of their Bashs.  Bert was a grumpy old man
from day one,  but he bonded with me,  and me with him.  But I had to love
him the way he would allow me, and that was hands off.  In his own sweet
way,  you could see he just wanted to please me.   Recently he had been
declining.  I had hoped it was just my imagination,  but over the last few
days, we saw him get worse.  We let him travel to the bridge this afternoon,
about 4:45.    Bert was about 15 yrs old,  I hope he knew how much he was
loved despite him being so grumpy.  Fly free my boy!

wen and the Bounders

www.seniorhoundsabound.org