[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 118, Issue 16

Phlpwnfld at aol.com Phlpwnfld at aol.com
Fri Jul 9 18:46:03 PDT 2010

Regarding MRIs,

As I recall this issuee originally  came up with a vet in Northern
California who quoted $5,000 for an MRI for a basset.  For the record, I  just had
an MRI on myself at UCSF (the primary health provider in San  Francisco) and
they charged $5,000 for me.  Coincidentally, in a  meeting with my vet over
hind leg problems with one of my bassets  this  past weekend, he mentioned
several alternatives including an MRI which he said  would be about $2,000.
This is from a vet that is good, but not  cheap.

Given that this is the same back yard, I would seriously question any vet
that says an MRI for a dog in Northern California costs $5,000.

Phil (and the SF Basset Boys)

In a message dated 7/9/2010 10:13:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,