[Dailydrool] PLEASE READ - FROM MODERATORS

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Jul 9 19:45:34 PDT 2010

SOME POINTS OF CLARIFICATION, SIZE OF POSTS and PACIFIC BASSET FEET:
The Daily Drool Website (including Hounds Bay) is owned and operated by
Nancy Gallagher.  The Daily Drool Website is paid for by Nancy Gallagher,
from her own pocket, the goodness of her heart and her love of hounds.
Costs for operating an interactive website, domain fees, domain name etc.
are relatively expensive and require MANY hours of time for development and
maintenance.
The Daily Drool Digest (like the post you are reading now) WAS founded by
Nancy Gallagher but is NOW owned and operated by Alex and Melissa Joleka.
The Daily Drool Digest is paid for by Alex and Melissa, from their own
pocket, the goodness of their hearts and their love of hounds.  Costs for
operating the Daily Drool Digest site, domain fees, management and
maintenance are significant.  The system automatically issues a Digest when
a series of posts reach a specific number of bytes.  If we exceed the
monthly allotment of bytes, then the Daily Drool Digest list owners, Alex
and Melissa Joleka, have to pay extra for that month.  For this reason, the
size limit for Daily Drools posts is 10,000 bytes.  A basic, correctly
submitted post is usually a minimum of 2500 bytes; a 10 - 15 line post will
reach 10, 000 bytes.  Normally, that is more than sufficient for most posts.
The Moderators must approve each and every post before it is posted to the
Daily Drool Digest.  This approval process includes determining the size of
the post, as well as content, tone, relevance to basset hounds and
appropriateness.  Moderators do not have the capability to "trim" your posts
for you, so we sometimes have to ask you to "trim" and repost.
You can help by:
*	ONLY use the drool address (dailydrool at dailydrool.org
without other addresses attached, such as copying to other people or groups
*	DO NOT use colored stationary or colored text
*	DO NOT include emoticons or animated items in your post or signature
*	LIMIT the length of your posts
*	DO put in a descriptive subject line - it helps the readers
*	DO NOT include the post you are replying to - simply use the same
subject line
*	DO NOT hit "reply" when you are making a post (it copies the entire
Digest you are reading!)
*	LIMIT the inclusion of live links to websites, fundraising sites,
etc.  within your post
*	LIMIT your signature lines - including live links to websites,
fundraising sites, etc.
With the current fun everyone is having with the PACIFIC BASSET FEET (thanks
Val for this fun idea!), we are experiencing an exceptionally high volume of
posts.  That is a good thing but it does come at a price and the Daily Drool
Digest does have some limitations (for instance, we are not able to post
pictures, spreadsheets, attachments etc.)  We, as moderators, certainly want
everyone to continue having fun with the PACIFIC BASSET FEET and don't want
to be spoil-sports.  So, we are making the following suggestions to allow
the fun to continue and at the same time, contain costs of maintaining the
Daily Drool Digest.
*	Applicants to the Pacific Basset Feet could send applications
directly to the Commander
*	Commander of the Pacific Basset Feet could post bi-weekly additions
to the PBF
*	Photos of the PBF could be compiled by a PBF Liaison and link could
be posted to the DD and updated bi-weekly
*	Fundraising efforts of the PBF can be posted daily by the Commander
or designee
*	Funds generated by the PBF could be shared with a rescue and the
Daily Drool maintenance fund on a monthly basis
*	Members of the PBF may post reports of the activities of the PBF
within the normal limits.

YOU MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING!
Thank you and Drool on!
Sandi Wittenberg on behalf of the Moderators