[Dailydrool] Drool for PW Elder Clara-

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 14:14:34 PDT 2010

Momma here. First, Thank you so much for the continuing support of the Pacific Basset Fleet, supporting WMBR and getting those uniforms procured. Most of all special thanks to Karen Sparks for stepping in for me and bringing you all the news.Val and Barb are sewing like crazy I hear, and Chris Bly is thrilled that so many of you have helped the rescue. Such good news--and I need it.

We could use some prayers and drool here at the Beach. PW Elder Clara is down in the rear. This happened Sunday, just all of a sudden, the ability to walk was gone, back legs just gave out. To all of you that have had this happen, Bless You. This is the worst situation, to have a hound that is of sound mind, every test normal, but the legs do not work because you are old and the spine is just as old as the rest of you. At Clara's age the "fix" is limited to drugs, keeping the pain down and giving her a chance to come back. Doc took so much time with her and it took hubby and I both to hold her down as Clara was being Clara and wanted a piece of Docs arm as he examined her. She is full of bassitude, eating drinking roaring at Elwood with gusto,and livid that she can't walk. We are praying that her attitude alone will give her the go power to get up and make those legs go. As a story of pure determination--they used a gurney to get her in the clinic and we made a pallet on the floor of towels for her, after all was said and done,Clara was on her pallet, and I walked up the hall to pay the bill and had left her exam room door open--I mean where is she gonna go----ha--think again--I heard one of the girls say well, hello there, I turned around and here came Clara dragging herself down the hall to me, and then over to the door. She was going home. Home she is. She has feeling in her legs and feet so we have that going for us, and with prayers and drool maybe she will get up and show us all. She has beat the odds before.
I am like a hamster on a wheel, work is in its busiest time, and tending to a hound that is down in the rear is full time in itself, so if you don't hear from us like normal, we are here, and will keep you updated on Clara---I thank you in advance for thinking of her--and please get your PBF bandana--helping hounds is what we do,

Drool to all in need-

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake