[Dailydrool] Appalling OEBE behaviour

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 14:33:59 PDT 2010

Once again, looking in the mirror, I see I am becoming more haggard by the day,
and it is no wonder, when I live with a festering OEBE.  Last night we went for
our usual jaunt round the village, stopping outside the fish and chip shop while
Morse hoovered some random cod and I darted about picking up pieces of batter
and chips.  Then over to the green and my arm was yanked back as he swung
backwards and jumped to the bin, pulling out a large, half uneaten bag of fish
and chips - again, hurried picking up of batter and chips ensued, with Morse
scoffing down whatever he could, while I ended up covered in tomato ketchup.
Onto the main green and Morse finds a dead fish that has come out of the pond
and is desperate to investigate so I have to tie him up and deposit poor fish.
On the positive side though, he has once again decided to embark on morning
walks.  There is a downside to this though.  He refuses to go out until he has
had his  breakfast, and I like to be in work early.  So I am now getting up at
5am every morning to give him his breakfast, let it settle for about 90 minutes
and then we are out for an hour's walk and I can still be in work by 8am.  Hence
the haggard appearance.  This morning he ran under 4 different hedges while I
ran furiously in and out trying to find him, only to find him standing in the
middle of the dense hedge turning a deaf ear to my ranting.  Two gentleman
walking to their cars decided to try and help me, and one stood on one side of
the hedge while the other went round to keep watch.  Morse finally emerged,
delighted to have such a welcoming audience.  Grrrrr.

Becky (making a strong black coffee), Morse (5am is fine; I have all day to
snooze) and Pumbaa ATB (bwaahhhh!)