[Dailydrool] Slobberfest

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 21:17:53 PDT 2010

AROOOOOOOO. It is me. Queen Pawtunia. You know, the short one. I just want
to woof my thanks to the nice folks of Droopy Basset Rescue for a lovely
time.  Rusty and I loaded up the conastoga, er, BUV and rode a nickzillion
miles to Auntie Pat and Carol's house. Wendell, Milton and fifi came, too.
Where we found Auntie Angelika, cousin Johnny, Auntie Blondeslave and then
Auntie Kathy showed up. We sniffed with Elvis and Bailey and Lucy and
Sampson and Buddy and especially cousin Pw. Rosie who is 15 and very fluffy
and white. She slave goes a little gaga over Rosie.

The next day we did a lot of sniffing and the humans went off to Pittsburgh
for dinner and to hear the Mathis guy. White box was had by all. In the
morning,  we drove another nickzillion miles to Slobberfest. Where there
were a lot of hounds including my Kingpuppy, Chunky! I love my son. We put
on our royal outfits and Rusty borrowed my queen/mummer costume to be doggie
gaga. Us didn't win any prizes but King Chunky was third in ears.

Speaking of prizes...Auntie Carol is da Bassetarian of the year!! Meaning
she brought the most pledges of anybody. I pawed her to take mine, but she
sooooo did not need them. She fetched in double whatever anybody had brought
before and got a really kewl statue that Auntie Judy made....and even more
fun, Auntie Carol had to look happy and go get her picture taken.That was
pawticularly fun cause Auntie Carol does NOT like her picture taken or her
name announced for being nice to the poor woofs. She often is, but likes to
be kind of quiet about it.....YAY AUNTIE CAROL.

Thanks Auntie Judy for having all the hounds at your house and for all the
hard work you and your volunteers did....Shirley really came all the way
from California. Hope she brought home some cookies..........I saw Auntie
Shelley for a flash and missed her......there were lots of good sniffs and
food and it was nice out........

Thanks Auntie Pat and Auntie Carol for letting us come, even Rusty......we
are sleeping in and resting up!

QPt