[Dailydrool] PW Elder Clara update

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 17:47:05 PDT 2010

Momma here. I wanted to say thank you for all the kind thoughts, notes and drool for PW Elder Clara. She is next to me on her perch, overseeing the gang, making sure I get the deatils to the droolers straight. It has been a very long week here, and I am on a learn as I go course. So many things I took for granted that the hounds do everyday I now have to remember she can't do now, and I have to have a new game plan. We are working out the details to her approval, but she is a true "slave" driver for sure.
We have been waiting all week for Clara to poop.I have been so worried that perhaps she could not feel she had to go, but last night with some encouragement we will call it, Clara finally grunted out a concrete turd. All the meds have had her bound up and with limited movement, things were shall we say stuck. Clara is very alert-even moreso than before, roaring at the boys--they come and check her out a few times a day, but her head is up, eyes shining, and she misses nothing.

Today gave me hope. Elder Clara stood up and took 4 little steps. My DOg--I was almost in tears. Shortly after that, a full load of poop.
I am thinking the healing drool is arriving, and my doggies, I am so greatful. We have also noticed that when she sits she is sitting up straighter, head held higher, and the strength in her tail is very good. I have been perchside rubbing her back and legs, no idea if it will help, but it seems the thing to do.
As for the rest of the gang, they are back to business as usual, this is good, Clara is a supreme creature of habit, she does not like routine disrupted.
My wash machine could probably use more than drool--it is now in constant motion, it seems Clara can be a fraction of a inch off her pooch pads and I am off with yet another load. Taking care of a hound that is down in the rear is pure hard work, but the day I brought Clara home, I promised her my best, that she will get.
So here we are--I count my blessings for a good day--thankful for each and everyone of our drool friends.
Karen we are so glad you are home---we know the gang is taking good care of you--
I am far behind, but please know we send drool to all in need--

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake