[Dailydrool] Yellow Jackets

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Jul 16 13:46:50 PDT 2010

<<The exterminator said they wear running shoes and advise the home owner
not to come out and watch unless you want to run too!>>

My husband has a somewhat funny story about a yellow-jacket attack. It seems
that Terminix gave its exterminators a wasp freeze product that will kill
the critters, if an exterminator is attacked. One day Drew and his cohort in
killing pests went to home that had a wood pile directly next to the house
(worst place in the world for a wood pile, since bugs love them). His cohort
moved some of the wood, and out flooded the yellow jackets. The man ran to
the car, grabbed the freeze stuff, and couldn't get the can to work. He
ended up trying to beat the critters to death with it.

I do not recommend this as a way to avoid being stung, since this fellow was
pretty badly harmed. But if there is some of the wasp freeze product out
there, it might be a better solution than running. I can almost guarantee
that the bugs are faster than you will be.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who love to snap at anything that
flies