[Dailydrool] Wanted SRWBH for Open Relationship in Pennsylvania

Nancy Gallagher nrgallagher at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 16:17:43 PDT 2010

We miss having a basset in the house!!! Our luck has not been good thus far - first potential adoption fell through as unbeknownst to the rescue, our soon to be basset had already been adopted. I had 2 shelters that I contacted (they said they prefer email contact) never respond, I had one scam artist try to bilk me out of $$ and the photo of her basset was swiped off a basset faq, and our last possible adoptee from Ohio doesn't like kitties.

Sooo, I'm putting this out there. We are looking for a large, goofy, 'bassety' red and white or lemon & white  (male or female), middle age-ish, laid back, good with dogs, people and ignores cats. I didn't think that would be difficult, but apparently it is perhaps overly picky. I am particularly looking for a 'classic' looking basset - nothing that looks like they should be in a show ring, but fat paws, short legs, long ears. Scooter-Pie was a sweet thing, but he was like the antibasset. He was a basset of a different color and temperament. I'm purposely going for a basset look not to be compared w/Scootie.

I've looked at various rescues but no basset is popping out off the website with that description. If any rescue within a day or two driving distance of PA thinks they have 'the one', please email me and I will be glad to drive and meet them.

thanks,

Nancy Gallagher
dailydrool.com