[Dailydrool] Bev's post re: bitches in season

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Mon Jul 26 09:20:03 PDT 2010

Yep. Everything Bev hassaid and more. Read everything Bev wrote then read it again. And again! Don't let her go ANYwhere without adult (human) supervision. If you've got uneutered males in the enxt town or county, don't let them near her. You've heard the saying "Where there's a will there's a way!", well it definitely applies to dogs during a bitches season. I have an adolescent male who is totally NUTS right now as I have had 3 girls come into heat one after another and the poor boy is beside himself. He's going to get some Relax today to calm him down. He has been howling since 4:45 a.m.! Who get's up at that hour? Certainly no one at my house!

I also wanted to tell you that she can be spayed in season. My vet does spays in heat and the cost is a bit more than a normal spay. This is something you may want to consider or discuss with your vet. I've not had any problem with it being done then.

Good Luck. (We're having a howling good time here!)

Jacqie Marvich and The LowDownHounds of Oakrydge Bassets