[Dailydrool] Bitches

Wendie Prince houndsabound at att.net
Mon Jul 26 13:34:30 PDT 2010

I have to tell a story on this thread.

This past winter, I got Noah (Basset) in,  had him neutered and vetted,
then came Nathan(Beagle) a month later,  same thing.  In the mean time, we
have Esty, (damn Beagle).  Esty has been here since  the fall of 2009, or
late summer.  She came from an all breed rescue in AL, along with 2 other
female Beagles, all seniors.   Not even 2 weeks after Nathan was neutered,
he and Noah start getting into fights, seemingly over Esty.  We couldn't
figure out why until we discovered a bit of blood and then were stunned as
she was supposed to be spayed!   SO, we are working to keep the boys
separated because even though they are neutered, it is recent and I
understand, it takes a while for the testosterone to leave.   SO, one
morning, after breaking up another fight, I am getting ready to leave for
work when I look down the hallway and see Nathan and Esty are HOOKED UP!
OMG!  I about died, and thought this cannot be happening, but I got closer
and indeed, they are.you know.  I got an xxx pen (yes it was xxx) and
luckily no one was around, so got them away from everyone else to let nature
take its course.   Not good to try and separate them once they are engaged.
In the mean time, after the shock wore off, I call the vet and ask if they
board females in heat,  yes they do...do you have an opening?  Yes...Great,
I am on my way as soon as they are done!   And Esty stayed there until she
was spayed.    The tension in the house between Nathan and Noah went down
immediately.    I am still in shock to have seen that in my own house of
geriatrics!

Wen and the Bounders

www.seniorhoundsabound.org <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/>

SENIOR BASSET CALENDAR ENTRY STARTS ON AUG1!   GO TO OUR WEBSITE TO READ
MORE