[Dailydrool] Keeping robbers away

Maura DeYong mauradeyong at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 08:23:04 PDT 2010

I don't care what anyone says about German Shepards, Pit Bulls, Rotties, etc.  for protection at your home. There is nothing like a good hound dog, better if you have several, to keep unwanted people away!

My Bloodhound, Tank, has a bark that would wake the dead!  When you combine that with my Polly's very senior basset's deep "Woof" Woof",  it is pretty intimidating. No one would know she is a senior that couldn't hurt a fly. But if you want to bring out the big gun, it would be my Black and Tan Coonhound/Bluetick Coonhound Mix, Belle. She does not bark, she bawls!  It is like a sonic boom that will echo through the house. She is 2.5 years old, and has better control over her bawling, but when she was younger, look out!  People would come to the door, and they would hear her, and had no idea what it was, and literally, run away!  When we had basset fosters in the house, and they would hear her bawl for the first time, they would either jump up off the floor and/or run and hide. Once they
got used to her, it wasn't a problem. Just a shock when they first arrived!

I will never forget taking Belle to the park, as a puppy, and meeting on a walk a big Lab and a Jack Russell. Belle decided she would greet them with a nice loud bawl, and the Lab literally jumped straight up in the air, over the Jack Russell, and ran behind the owner. They all looked at me like, "What the hell is that?"  HA   I said sorry and laughed all the way back to the car!  Oh, if you live in an apt. don't get a coonhound. Just an fyi......
Hound Dogs are the best!!
Maura

Protected by Trixie Beagle (I have a small arooh), Tank Bloodhound (I would take a bullet for my mamma), Belle Coonhound (I'm not really THAT loud, well, maybe), and Polly Basset (I'm an old lady, but I will back up my pack, I love my pack)