[Dailydrool] Basset Security and Dumb People

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Thu Jul 29 06:52:54 PDT 2010

At 08:05 7/29/2010, Alice Heidbreder wrote:

>After reading the stories about the robbers, I thought you might
>like this one. One saturday afternoon this spring,?Princess
>Maxine?was sitting in the front yard watching what was going on up
>and down the street when all of a sudden?she started barking. Well
>by the time I made it to the door to see what?she was barking at, I
>saw this young man (probally 17 or 18) walk in the yard and drop off
>a phone book and leave. well, Maxine is at his feet barking,
>growling and nipping from the minute he is in her yard to the door
>and still barking until she can no longer see him. I just don't
>think that some people think dogs can hurt them. To this day I have
>a hard time believing someone can be this dumb.

Our two go into a great barking frenzy when the doorbell rings, but
as soon as we open the door, tails wag and they want to be friends.

We are in a town house.  If Myrtle sees someone walking by the front,
she will bark.  Good security.

Their best buddies are the mail lady and the UPS man.  They have no
aversion to coming in the patio when they are sunning.

Tommy in Baton Rouge