[Dailydrool] Does anyone else have a Basset that...

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Jul 29 14:36:17 PDT 2010

Re: Does anyone else have a Basset that...
1) loves to eat ice cubes? Yes! Colt & Ruger always make a pit stop at the
freezer on their way in from the yard or walks to get their ice cubes.  Colt
will come running into the kitchen anytime he hears the ice
maker giving ice to me for his fair share.  For the summer I have even made
them watermelon and honey dew melon ice cubes...they love them!
2) actively initiates play with cats? Nope we don't have cats but there are
strays that patrol the neighborhood and as far as the boys are concerned
they are in the same group as terrorist squirrels.
3) whines for attention until you are ready to (almost) strangle them?
Yes! Ruger will sit in front of you just out of reach and bark at you
because he wants to play...usually to go out and play platypus (a lure chase
game).  He will not stop until you play with him and he is done
playing. Add in a husband who is recuperating from shoulder replacement
surgery:Well I have a Husband that is stationed in England and is recovering
from a parachute accident...so I am worried sick about him since I am not
there to take care of him...(medic/wife in me) so yes I'm one frazzled slave
to.
Also both of my bassets love to have their throats scratched especially the
trachea...they love when I drag my fingers up and down the trachea. They
will come up and sit down in front of me and stick their noses in the air to
expose their throats for me to scratch them.  Strange hounds.
No belly button lint...but their bellies are always dirty since they love to
lay in the dirt.

Drool to all in need
Michele Momma to the I want my ice now hounds.
Colt & Ruger