[Dailydrool] A bother of bassets

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Jul 30 05:43:42 PDT 2010

http://www.holwelldartmoor.co.uk/meet-the-family.html
(click on the tab 'a bother of bassets')

Thanks, Becky, for this link.

A "bother of bassets" is a wonderful description of more than two hounds,
isn't it? Those of us who live with them can attest to the fact that, though
they are deeply loved, more than two bassets will constantly have you
running them outside one at a time (unless you have a doggy door), probably
at the key point in your favorite TV show; filling water bowls in the wee
hours; and picking up enough poop to fertilize a mile-long border--to
mention just a few "bothers."

Don't get me wrong, I love all three hounds and wouldn't trade them for
anything. But back in the halcyon days of only having two dogs, I wouldn't
have thought them a bother. Add that one hound, though, and it could happen!

I can't even begin to imagine the joys of having dogs in the double digits.
How some of you do it, I don't know. Surely you have doggy doors!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, a bother of bassets indeed