[Dailydrool] Husband vs. hounds & double digits.

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Fri Jul 30 10:45:27 PDT 2010

There's no issue here. My husband has told everyone for years that when he dies, he wants to come back as one of my dogs. They get more of my time and undivided attention than he does. Poor baby! I think it's a training issue and it sounds like it's time for a training session!

The Oakrydge pack normally runs in the double digit category. The few times I've gotten numbers down to the single digits, things just don't flow right. There are 14 hounds and one weimaraner here currently. (Back to the husband thing, the weim is his girl. They are bonded at the hip.) 3 of hounds here belong to my brother. (Adopted from me.) His boys will soon be going to their new digs. That will put me down to 11.Dangerously close to single digits. 5  are senior houndettes ranging in age from 7 to 12 and will remain here until the go to the bridge. No dog doors in the house. Dog doors in the kennel building and they're only out there a few hours a day. They are all house dogs and all have crates and beds in the house. They go in and out through the human doors. We have secure fencing and lots of room to run and play. No skewhirrels but lots of gophers around and one very old c at t<mailto:c at t> who has them all well trained.

They all love ice cubes. Why else would I have an icemaker?

Jacqie and the "houndage"