[Dailydrool] Size adjustments on PBF Uniforms; "Hush Bassets"

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 16:13:11 PDT 2010

If the PBF uniform is way big, I discovered that the size can be adjusted easily
by doing two things: rolling the top of the bandana before tying it reduces the
size of the triangle. Tying the tie in several knots (or a bow) reduces the
lengths of the tails. I needed to do both to fit one for Harley's chihuahua
girlfriend, Ruby, head of the naval wives & girlfriends association, whose
picture is in the PBF auxiliary on the website. (I realize that that title
should be naval significant others, really. Hopefully there will be more
pictures up on the website soon. http://www.pacificbassetfeet.net/  Praise on
sewing goes to Barbara Thulin. (My sewing was a little rough--I'm a beginner;
apologies to bassets who got mine. lol).

Second, a basset owner on a different island from me e-mailed me today to say
that she has mated her female basset to an English cocker spaniel, and that this
is a new designer breed popular on the mainland called a "hush basset" or "hush
puppy" which claims to eliminate the health problems inherent to bassets. Has
anyone ever heard of these?

I will be away from a computer all next week and will get back to e-mails after
that. Semper fido, Val