[Dailydrool] Accidents

Richard Coleman landesign_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 14:41:45 PDT 2010

Had to bring Fred on a 300 mile trip this weekend. Last time he made this long of a trip is when we got him as a puppy-have always left him at the house for friends to take care of along with the cat, but this time I decided I would rather have him with us.
Neva left last week with Mercedes, dog has traveled to Michigan and back, should have frequent driver miles!
As I said this was Fred and mine first real trip together. Decided to put him in the cab-super cab-with me instead of in his crate in the back. We were having locally HEAVY thunderstorms and rain. Thought it was logical. Took him out and walked him around the yard several times. He wet a couple of times and then said let's go. So off we went. Got just about 30 miles outside of Little Rock and he started carrying on like something was really bothering him Naturally I am in the outside lane and making time. Well by the time I got into the other lane slowed down and nearly out of the truck, he could not wait any longer! The most amazing thing-he turned his rear to be between the seat and the door and let'er rip!  Fortunately it was easy to clean up. Only missed the little bit in the map tray-just found it at the next stop.
Believe me, the next time he got antsy, we pulled over in a hurry. Just wanted to do a little walking and got back in just fine.
I try to stop every two hours or so. It seems I have gotten to where I need to walk around the truck about this time also-looking forward to the 'golden years-. How soon do the come after being a 'Baby Boomer'? Anyway.
We made it fine, but on the trip back I will try to stay in the 'slow' lane and be prepared to stop.
And the say Basset's are dumb!  Could have been a lot worse with a 'dumb' dog!
Well back to watching him sleep. This Oklahoma heat is not as welcome as Arkansas-he does not have his shed to crawl under. Am building a doggie door so he can come into the garage and drool and whine.
Well Drool to all in need and a little for those who are doing fine. We can all use drool at times.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Fred 62 pounds of I ain't moving and you can't make me
Mercedes, 20 lbs of wheres my blanket
Bast, I am a cat therefore YOU must leave me alone-yea right says Fred.

Richard, and Neva slaves to the afore mentioned.

Richard S. Coleman, LandScape Designer