[Dailydrool] Birthday

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 13:34:47 PDT 2010

Just wanted to post that today my Henry is 7 months old and is doing soooooooo much better in the potty training department! Thank God!!! At the moment he is napping on the couch.

Had my daughter Jackie at the ER today (she is pregnant and had bulging and herniated discs in her upper and lower back due to a nasty car accident back in 03 and has chronic pain but they can't do anything since she is pregnant, so when it gets too bad to where she can't breathe, she goes to the ER and they give her morphine, which does nothing for her pain and they send her home. On top of that her platelets are low and has to go to the hematologist.) Anyway, while we were there, one of the nurses was telling us about her three dogs (two Rots and a miniture pin.) I asked her how she ended up with a minny pin. when she has 2 rots and she told us that the people who had the pincer abused the dog, had it in a crate in a garage and they were going to destroy the dog by dropping it off a bridge! She took the dog and never spoke to these people again. We were shocked at that story. I know it's not basset related, but we all love dogs. I told the nurse that God sent her to rescue that little dog. She said it's a pain in the butt, but she loves him. I just can't imagine anyone doing something like that! I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, they do far worse to their kids!!!
The nurse said that they hated the dog and was only interested in "showing" the dog but really hated it!
I look at Henry and only see love, mischief, and devotion. When you hear stories like that, after you get over the shock, it makes you love your dog all that much more, if at all possible. They all can be a pain at times, but when you look into their eyes all is forgiven.
Blessings,
Maureen