[Dailydrool] Miss Lilly Langtree Potter

Vi Potter vipotter at pld.com
Tue Jun 1 08:57:25 PDT 2010

I just wanted to drop a note to let everyone know we lost Miss Lilly Langtree Potter yesterday.
She was almost 9 years old Born on Aug 15. Lilly was Daughter to St. Paddie's Day Suprize and Abbie Gail Potter. She has been slowly going down hill since Abbie  and  Paddie and Andy Passed away.
Lilly was rasied by my best friend Mary Carter who passed away in 2005. When I learned of her passing I drove from Kansas to Morton, Texas to go see the family attend the service and get Lilly. It was a good thing I did as her husband wanted the Bassets gone so I spent a week there trying to rehome them. There were 7 I think. I got them all placed but one and  I was so hoping that he would stay there.
Any way on the day I left I brought three Bassets with me. Lilly, Andy and one I placed in Amarillo.
Lilly was allot like Paddie, she had that same wonderful personality he did and she was so very laid back. When she came back to live here I put her back in the pen with her Mom Abbie, it was as if they had never been away. They were licking all over each other and they were playing and they were so Happy. When her Mom Abbie passed away Lilly took it pretty hard so
I put Andy in with her. Lilly never had a Litter and I do not know why but I felt safe putting Andy with her. He of course had other ideals but Lilly always won that battle with him. She did not tollerate his manly ideals. Then is 2008, she lost her dad Paddie,
I though she would be OK with Andy but she morned him really bad. Andy and I did every thing we could to help her through and she seemed to be pulling through. Then one more blow to her little heart hit in 2009 she and I lost Andy. She morned and cried and it was so hard to watch her grieve so hard. I was afraid to put her with Trapper her brother for fear he would actually mate with her and that just was not going to happen. Though she never went into heat I just was not going to chance it.
Lilly lived a very good life and was Loved by many people. She like her dad Paddie never knew anyone as an enemy. She was great with Children and they would simply lay all over her talking to her and telling her of their grown up dreams. She always gave them a kiss as if to let them know she approved of their dreams.
She love her Country Home once we got back to the Country and Our second year here she ended up with a rattle snake in her pen. Thank God it was not a big one but she stood there and protected Missy a rescue who was with her from that snake. We though she had found a snunk as she was barking and we were out feeding and could not figure out what had her so riled up. So we both went running and it was laying in front of her condo and she could not get in and she would not let Missy get in either. When Mr Potter got the snake taken care of all I could say was Thank God she was rasied in the Country and knew what snakes were as they both could of been hurt really bad.
Lilly is survived by her brother Trapper and I know Trapper is going to really Miss her.
All of the Country Bumpkins and I carry a heavey Heart Today.
Vi and Paddie Abbie Andy (ATB) and Lilly whojust joined them and Trapper and The Country Bumpkins.
http://notoverthehill.com/vipotter
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."

It is said that the Song of the Whale is the Earth Breathing!

When You look into their eyes and they look back at you, The sparkle of their eyes give you the most wonderful and warm feeling. You know then you are truly loved.
I am talking about a Basset Hound.

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"