[Dailydrool] Non-skid ramp

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 10:10:34 PDT 2010

The gang has a 4' x 8' ramp built out of 3/4 inch outdoor plywood. (The width of the stairs was needed or they jumped over to the steps.)  I love it because I have a ramp as well which is great when I get in the wood or use nature's dryer.

I found a big piece of outdoor carpet on sale at Home Depot that is rubber backed.  I layed heavy plastic then the rug over the ramp.  Then I used washers and small screws to connect it to the ramp.  I run the vacuum over it and when it gets stinky the carpet cleaner.  It works like a charm!

The gang, especially Ruby Doo with her hip dysplasia,  can run in and out all day.  The carpet helps to keep some of the yuck out of the house.

We send drool to all in need and you are in our prayers.
Karen and The Dog House Gang