[Dailydrool] Pit Bull

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Tue Jun 1 14:04:10 PDT 2010

At 11:11 6/1/2010, you wrote:

>Sarah,
>
>I'm way surprised that there hasn't been anything done about this
>dog getting loose. I would call the borough or township in which you
>reside and put a complaint in with them. See what they do about it.
>Next time you may not be so lucky or a little kid could be walking
>by and the dog could get loose. I'd call the township.
>Maureen (Mom to Henry)

The authorities can do something only if the dog is loose when they
arrive, assuming you have a leash law.  They do not take anyone's
word that the dog was loose yada yada yada.  Seeing is believing.

>-------------- next part --------------
>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 14
>Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:09:05 -0400
>From: "Wendie L Prince" <houndsabound at att.net>
>To: "An internet mail list designed to entertain and inform
>         bassethounds and        their people." <dailydrool at dailydrool.org>
>Subject: Re: [Dailydrool] pit-bull
>
>I carry mace just for this when we walk.  My beagle Brooke was
>attacked by a Sheppard many years ago and we almost lost her.   Ever
>since then we carry mace.
>
>wen

I had an advertising supplement route that involved hanging these
bagged papers on doorknobs.  I had two encounters with the same mean
dog and researched my options.  Our city/parish has a leash law.  I
had a local police officer tell me that loose animals were fair game,
but mace/pepper spray is a better option.  If you purchase some,
practice with it.  I can tell you from experience trying to shoot it
upwind is not a good idea.

I have a concealed carry permit, but such drastic action would be the
absolutely last resort.

Tommy in Baton Rouge