[Dailydrool] Drool and food

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 19:31:51 PDT 2010

I am no expert on getting dogs to eat but one thing all of our girls love is cat food.  The smelly canned kind.  I have started giving pills in it because Maggie can't have her new antibiotic in anything dairy.  They scarf it up.  they steal it out of the cat bowls when no one is looking also.

Kids and sleeping dogs do not mix.  Our Sherlock bit Nic on the face when he decided to give him an enthusiatic hug while Sherl was asleep.  Nic had to have stitches and Sherlock was a registered biter after that.  It was all Nic's fault and even though he was 4 at the time, he learned his lesson and never did anything like that again.  Sherlock would not have hurt a flea and I don't think he actually bit Nic as much as his tooth caught Nic's cheek.  If Sherl was going to bite anyone it would have been Sunny who probably would have outsnapped an alligator should she have met one.  Nic was bitten on the head by a neighbor's dog who kept jumping the fence.  There were a bunch of kids playing in our yard and this dog came and grabbed Nic by the head.  He was not seriously hurt.

We are sending heart healing drool to the families of Lilly Langtree Potter and Scooter Pie.  We know how sad you are and hope that the sadness soon turns to pleasand memories of your hounds.

Drool and soft snooters from Ninja, Marlie, Maggie and Shelby with the mom

PS--Shelby could use a little eye drool.  It looks like her other eye may be going.  She is such a sweet girl and such a joy to be near.  Her age is catching up to her, I am afraid.  Her nose doesn't seem to be working too well either.  We love her so much.