[Dailydrool] Ear infection/MRSA

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 07:29:37 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I posted last week about my sister's basset who was diagnosed with MRSA in his ears.  Yesterday he had a follow up visit and the vet wants to put him under, do a "deep clean" and puncture a hole in the ear drum as she thinks the infection has reached the middle ear.  They will then try a new antibiotic that the MRSA responded to in the culture.  She also wants to keep Charley's ears up but doesn't want to tape them.  Any ideas or thoughts?

I hate to keep hearing of all the bassets leaving for the bridge, our thoughts are with each and every one.

KB, R&F