[Dailydrool] So sorry that this week's basset rescue may not win the challenge

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 11:28:11 PDT 2010

I have voted from three different computers each day and have enlisted my friends and family as well.  I don't think people realize how much $1000.00 means to the smaller rescues.  Some of us run the rescues pretty much by ourselves and don't have any time to really do fundraising so expenses come out of our pocket many times.  $1000.00 will go a long way towards vet bills which is our largest expense.  I'm still trying to pay off accumulated vet bills from when we were pulling all the bassets from the Florida panhandle.  I'm sorry that we didn't get the job done for Western Missouri.  I'm sure they really could have used it.

Let's keep working towards getting the basset rescues in first place - on an entirely selfish note, we are week after next so please enlist your friends, your family, your coworkers, any one you can think of...

Vote for each weeks' basset rescue...vote, vote, vote!!!!

On a fun note, yesterday was a professional photo session for six of our bassets.  They are going to be in a centerfold in a local doggie magazine next month.  Six bassets, six baths, a sixty minute car ride and then they invaded the photo studio.  I'm really proud of them. No one peed, pooped, chewed or bite anyone.....and the photographer got some amazing pictures.  I can barely walk today but it will be so worth it to see all their sweet faces getting so much exposure.

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com