[Dailydrool] OZ-Stravaganza a/k/a ABC Waddle

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 06:48:15 PDT 2010

It is me! Queen Pawtunia, although I wasn't Queen this weekend. There was a very pretty Queen! I made my slaves drive me to Oz. The signs said something about Chittenango which the humans just couldn't wrap their tongues around...but it was okay. It was Oz.  Apparently some guy wrote a book that became a famous movie about a nickzillion years ago. He came from this town and they throw a big festival every year. It was pawbulous! Lots of little kids and houndies dressed up in cute costumes. Much food and many pets for me and Rusty. Many tasty treats, vendors with lots of Oz crap. Of course my she slave needed a Margaret Hamilton button....hehehe. She should have bought more of the nice witch pins for the Aunties. Many tasty treats and a parade with really short elderly people who were something called Munchkins when they were very young and now use as reason to travel around riding in pawrades. They are adored. Gotta love it!! A festival dedicated to SHORT people, SHORT kids dressed up, and SHORT hounds.

The nice folks of ABC Basset Rescue decided that this is the pawfect pawrade for a waddle...and they were right. Rusty and I sniffed some friends, like Maggie May and Auntie Cathy. We met Pawty Time who was wearing feyfey pearls. Sniffle.  We sniffed Spud who has cookies named after him. Buford was there, taking a break from his agility. (I do not want to jump over anything!) We saw some very nice hounds and sheslave emptied her wallet a bit with Auntie Shelly. The slaves came back with a bunch of raffle crap....and Nudge and Cakie were included in the memorial bell ceremony for ATB houndies. The DJ guy did a faboo job.

All together it was a lovely way to spend a weekend even if my Great Nephews Bisquit and Rugie did not come to see their not old Auntie.........sniffle again. The weather held out, but was a bit iffy. That seemed to keep the number of hounds a little short, too.......next year, everybody go. The nice folks at ABC did a really good job, thanks Gary and Mrs. Gary!. Missy Karen hawked tickets hard and worked my slave to buy stuffs. Like that is necessary.....folks were all real nice to us and Rusty and I very much enjoyed getting pets and actually walking in the pawrade. The crowd was so good at petting us that we kinda lagged behind....and then the town gave us a shuttle ride back! Gotta love Oz!  We could get used to this.

I tried real hard to click my paws when it was time to go home, but it was still necessary to get back in the BUV to get home....which was a nice ride. Thanks ABC for the good weekend.

QPt

...and Rusty who was good.