[Dailydrool] BeBe's down

Randee White randeewhite at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 14:09:51 PDT 2010

My 14 year old BeBe has gone down in her back.  Dan jumped on her last Thurs evening and by that night, she was no longer walking.  I started Rimadyl and tramadol that I had and got her to the vetman the next day. He found nothing.  He said neurologically she was intact, withdrawing to pain and able to feel and probably just needed a few more days of rest.  Well, it's now Tuesday and she's still dragging herself around on her butt.  I took her back to the vetman yesterday.  X-rays are clean. No sign of rupture or anything else.  He said that her hips and back look better than he would have expected for her age.  We stopped the Rimadyl and plan on giving her large doses of steroids beginning tomorrow.  She is still quite interactive, trying to go out the dog door to pee, dragging herself over to the water bowl, following me around the house as best she can.  She'll still try to take your hand off when you give her a treat.  She doesn't look
 or act like a dog that's giving up, but I don't want to drag this out if she's going to slowly decline.  I know she's bewildered and hate that she can't do the things she likes to do.  She's been sleeping a little more each day.   I have an appointment to try some acccupuncture on Friday, the soonest I could get in.  Any suggestions?  I know Bob the doG had back issues and recovered a lot of function but since the vet can't find anything and BeBe is around 14 I don't know what to think.
Randee (I'm not ready to let my Beeber go)