[Dailydrool] Bobby

Maureen.Carey at gulfstream.com Maureen.Carey at gulfstream.com
Wed Jun 9 05:42:07 PDT 2010

Maureen,

My diva, Chloe, 'magically' stopped peeing in the house at approx. 1 year
of age.  This happened after much scolding and pushing her out the door
each time she did.  I also gave her treats outside each time she went out
and pee'd on her own.  We now have jingle bells on a ribbon tied to the
back door and Chloe knows to ring them (I showed her how each time she went
out) to let me know she needs to go out.  After a while, you can hear those
bells from anywhere in the house (your ears get conditioned to hear the
tone).

I personally believe Bassetts are cunningly smart...so, I'm not sure how I
managed to 'outsmart' Chloe on this one...It may be that she just liked
ringing the bells : )    Don't give up..Henry will learn and one day all
your hard work will pay off.

The other Maureen