[Dailydrool] Fw: Windows, and in house basset leaks

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Jun 9 09:34:21 PDT 2010

Carolyn, My windows never stay clean either...luckily there are only 2 that
the boys can get to, the back sliding glass door that goes from their room
to the back yard and the front storm door.  I call it Basset nose art!
Sometimes you just have to clean the windows so that the hounds have a fresh
canvas on which to create their master pieces. They BUV is always a Basset
art work complete with window nose art and the inside being basset fur
covered upholstery! Our auto detailer loves us! LOL

Maria, The boys are sending lots of drool to your furbaby.  We hope that the
miracle of drool and the skills of your vet will pull your houndie through.
I am also send a big hug to you.

Congratulations Punkin on being rescued.  The boys are sending critter
ritter drool to get all the fleas, and bacteria out off of you and out of
your system.

We are still sending recovery drool to Shelby.  We hope that you are up and
moving around on your own soon...you don't need eyes to see with...use the
Force Shelby

Back healing drool to BeBe we hope that you are back up on all four paws
soon.

Drool to young Charlie, we hope that the vetman can solve the enigma of your
feeling bad soon.

I had problems with Comanche ATB with peeing & pooping in the house.
Comanche was pretty independent.  I got him at 10 months when the owners
were going to take him to the animal shelter because they were getting ready
to bring a new baby into the home and didn't have room for poor Comanche.
Get this...once we said that we would take him they asked us for $200 to
cover his expenses.  I was a little more than miffed, but paid it because I
didn't want him to go to the shelter.  He was a gorgeous tuxedo basset.
(Black, white chest and white stocking feet with brown on the sides of his
muzzle) Anyhoo, Comanche was an inside dog when we got him, but once we
brought him home he became an  indoor/outdoor dog. He loved being outside
when we were not able to give him attention. But when we moved to Florida he
was older, the summers where brutal with the high heat index and the
thunderstorms that would pop up.  So all of the 4 hounds now became mainly
indoor dogs, gated to the kitchen when we were at work.  Comanche would push
down the gate and go into usually the living room to pee or poop. I could
not get him broke of this...So finally one day I just said the h*ll with it
and let them have free reign of the house, figuring that gates didn't stop
him anyway so why bother. Here's the weird thing...He never pooped or peed
in the house again.  I assume it was because he now had free roam of the
house...therefore now all of the house was his house and therefore not his
bathroom. Either that or he was giving me the message the my confining them
to the kitchen was a shitty idea when there was nice comfy couches in the
living room for him to nap on.