[Dailydrool] Scooter Pie...this one took Pawtunia a while.

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 14:31:42 PDT 2010

FEYFEY! Momcakes….who’s that? Caruso? Why are YOU grabbing my tail. You are supposed to be working the telescope, oooops, yes sir. I know, you were a King long before momcakes even dreamed of me……………….yes, Scooter Pie…no, that is not good at all…….

A multiplicity of fine houndies are digging into my tail that Scooter Pie has arrived. I sniffed him. Feyfey likes to call him Scootie, cause she met him as a pupster. He went to live with Auntie Nancy and wannabe          Queen Happy when Caruso left for the bridge. Waddling in Caruso’s huge pawprints, Scootie was a link to happier times when folks were friendly and some of the iconic houndies around to sniff in pawson.   Sydney B. thought he was just too much fun…..Scootie’s legacy is entirely entertaining and very good at raising money for poor hounds. My slave smiles when she thinks of some of his adventures. Auntie Nancy kindly offered to make custom clay pins in exchange for waddle pledges. She was stunned by a hundred or so orders. She was even more stunned when Scootie chewed up the pins. He followed the next year with the now very collectible first (and only) edition tome, “Chew it Up a Notch.” Mine sits on the window ledge.   Scootie dragged Auntie Nancy face down in the dirt in 2004, only to emerge from the dog house to serve as Grand Marshall 2005.   He outran the system while lure coursing at the Ramble in 2003….and he was just so cute that his antics were seen as amusing. He would sit at his computer to contemplate his thoughts……and be on the run again.

The houndies at the bridge have all come running to greet Scooter Pie. Led by King Caruso who is wagging up a storm for news from home. A huge fuzzy dog came over…Lady wanted to hear it, too. Lastly, Wannabe Queen Happy came to show how her ears came in and she is now a forever basset…….with a bit of a snort. Fey, <*>, Syd, Newman, Nudgie, Taco Bell and Momcakes all came to see him. He managed to bridge the lives of every houndie that lived in my house….from feyfey to, well, me and Rusty. We just got to see him once, in 2009. He was a legend.

Us is very sorry Scootie went to the bridge too young.

Pawtunia

….Rusty and Slaves