[Dailydrool] traffic management, basset style

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 13:04:33 PDT 2010

The other day we were out on a walk and got talking to an elderly neighbour who has lived in the village all his life, and he is nearly 80 years old.  We talked for a fair time and Morse lay down and in the end fell asleep, flat out, on the pavement as we talked.  Watching him, neighbour Geoff remembered that, back in the late 1950's, a basset used to live in the village and this basset also would go flat basset.  However, he chose to do in right in the middle of the road.  Back in those days there wasnt much traffic and the roads were more like lanes and not busy.  Apparently the basset would lie in the middle of the road and any traffic would use the basset as a roundabout.  Everyone knew him and accepted that he wouldnt move, and so he was like a traffic island.
It could only be a basset!

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB