[Dailydrool] Rescue and Voting

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 14:02:35 PDT 2010

I am having no trouble at all voting I hope Basset Buddies is winning I do
not here much about voting this week everyone do not forget to vote for
them!!
About getting our Bassets from Rescue or other places. I got my first Basset
in 1978 from a back yard breeder. That is when I fell in love with the breed
we had had St. Bernards since our son was born in 1968 and loved them to
pieces, but once we got a Basset from the newspaper I fell in love with the
breed.
I got my second Basset in 1996 from a pet store. I worry every time I see
puppies in a pet store sometimes if the puppies get too old I worry they
will be PTS.
Our third Basset was four months old in a Pet Store and his legs were all
crooked he could not even walk because he was in a tiny puppy cage. They
practically gave him to us because they were about to put him down. I count
him as our first rescue boy in 1999. In 2001 we rescued a boy from the
highway and that is when we started our full time rescuing. We were
volunteers at first we got our shelter license in 2004. And now we have 19.
15 in our home and 4 in foster homes.
I think several of us have purchased dogs from pet stores or adds in the
paper at one time or another. As far as I am concerned each dog taken from a
bad situation to a good home is a rescue.
That is my two cents worth and thats about all it is worth!!  LOL