[Dailydrool] NY Times Article/Video

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 23:16:04 PDT 2010

Bunnies are not hurt during field trials.  Bassets were bred to do what is called "push" the bunny.  Bunnies naturally circle and come back to their territories.  The basset just stays behind far enough that they would do that so the hunter get them and not worry about hitting the dogs.

They would like to catch a bunny, don't get me wrong, but they are just too slow.  Part of the reason they were basseted to begin with.

The bunnies I have seen in the field almost seem to know this and don't even really stress.

Sara