[Dailydrool] Thanks for voting

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 04:07:24 PDT 2010

Gee guys,  thanks so much for your votes.  I see this morning we are number 702 in the state, up from like 7000+ so that's a lot of progress.

The bassets are really grateful too.  Some of you may remember Sammy, the boy I pulled from the Miami animal control who developed distemper shortly after he got to basset headquarters.  It was a really tough go for the little guy - he got down to nothing but skin and bones but he had a huge will to live and with a lot of intensive care and bowls and bowls of chicken breast, he is well, back to a normal weight and ready to be adopted! Thankfully he never developed any noticeable neurologic symptoms and his issue seems to be he thinks any dog might attack him so the best thing to do is to growl at them first to scare him off - you can guess where that gets him with the others.   His favorite thing to do is to go around and get any rug or towel on the floor or in the crates and take them to "his" corner....sort of like feathering his nest.  I come home from work some days to find him sitting on a two foot high pile of stuff.  He is funny....and so very
 loving.

Thanks again for voting.  Here is the link if you would be so kind to vote today!  http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces

Pam Farris  Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.  www.BassetRescueFlorida.com